With millions of vehicles available at the click of a button, it can be very time-consuming to identify a great deal. Through the deal ranking feature, MotoMiner attempts to reduce the time it takes you to research by doing a lot of the comparison work for you. Today’s blog entry is dedicated to providing insight into the MotoMiner vehicle ranking system.
MotoMiner is able to create a “best guess” rank of available vehicles by ranking every vehicle on the following commonly available attributes:
- Vehicle Type (New/Used/Certified)
- Body Style
- Drive Train
Vehicles matching all the same elements are grouped together, then ranked based on price, with mileage included for used/certified vehicles, utilizing a standardized bell curve method. This grouping is important to note, as a truck with the same year, make, model, trim, and all other elements, but a different drive train (i.e. 2WD vs. 4WD) are not similar vehicles and, as such, are ranked within different peer groups.
While there are a number of attributes such as interior/exterior condition, optional equipment, customizations, number of owners, or maintenance records, which have an impact on the overall value of a vehicle, these factors are often not widely available for every vehicle. Because of this, and in order to provide as fair of a ranking as possible, these are not currently included in our ranking system. As these information points become more widely available, we may begin to incorporate them in our ranking algorithms.
There are some special circumstances where MotoMiner may be unable to provide a deal ranking:
- There are not enough currently indexed and matching vehicles to provide a viable comparison.
- A vehicle does not have a price listed OR the price significantly differs from other like vehicles.
- A vehicle does not have a mileage listed OR the mileage significantly differs from other like vehicles.
So what makes MotoMiner’s deal ranking better than rankings found at other sites?
- Comprehensive Inventory: While most of our competition has anywhere from 1 to 2 million vehicles, MotoMiner has over 5 million unique new and used vehicles. More inventory means we have more vehicles to compare against, which means you get a better market picture for the vehicles you’re interested in.
- Constant Updates: Our search engine functions similarly to other web search engines, such as Google or Bing. Crawling occurs around the clock, so indexed vehicles are constantly being updated.
- No Fluff: We only include factors which have direct impact on the potential value of a vehicle and which can be compared for nearly all vehicles. We don't believe the number of times someone clicked or liked a vehicle, how much people are talking about a vehicle, or even how many times we've seen a vehicle move off a dealer’s lot matters when ranking a vehicle. We believe this is what matters: how does the car you’re looking at right now compare to its peers' price and mileage?
- No Bias: Only the factors noted above are included in our ranking. No special consideration is given to any particular dealer, manufacturer, price, mileage, or any other factor which might cause biased or better favored rankings.
- Transparent: We believe in keeping shoppers well informed about what what goes into our ranking system. Other sites may provide some insight into their ranking system, but we desire to provide 100% transparency into what we do and do not look at when ranking vehicles. On top of that, we show the exact above/below values for every ranked vehicle, so you can see precisely how MotoMiner obtained a given rank.
As you can see, we strive to make your shopping experience as simple, comprehensive, and transparent as possible through the MotoMiner deal ranking system. Regardless of whether you’re looking for a new or used car, truck, SUV, or minivan, MotoMiner provides the most unbiased ranking, allowing you to focus on getting the best deal.